Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

gauche (adj) lacking social grace; awkward, crude or tactless.

fulminated (v) to issue or pronounce with vehement denunciation, condemnation or the like.

languidly (adj) lacking in vigor or vitality.

lackadaisical (adj) without interest, vigor or determination.

belie (v) to show to be false; contradict.

coxcomb (n) a conceited, foolish dandy.

iniquitous (adj) characterized by injustice or wickedness.

penury (n) extreme poverty; destitution.

emphatic (adj) using emphasis in speech or action.

parables (n) a simple story illustrating a moral or religious lesson.


posted by Arleigh

2 comments:

  1. Let's see how many of these I can use to describe my present situation...dog has once again escaped into my neighbor's yard and chewed up his bags-it's true!)

    So...I am LANGUIDLY lying on my sofa feeling so very LACKADAISICAL. My mood does not BELIE; at the risk of sounding GAUCHE; I am exhausted after that FULMINATING encounter with my COXCOMB neighbor. The world is so INIQUITOUS!

    lol! This was fun and such a release of tension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, very good Lucy! I'll try it with your next WW post!

    ReplyDelete