Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dragging in Touch Base Thursday...




So far this book (The Thistle and the Rose) has all in the making for it to be great…so what’s my problem? Don’t know about you, but it seems that my reading is on snail pace. And, it’s not that I haven’t been interested, or that the book is boring in any way…what is going on?

As I slowly turn to page 85...here’s an excerpt from The Thistle and The Rose:

'If she could only have been sure of producing a healthy child and did not suffer sickness and disabilities which were always her lot at such times, those would have been the happiest moments of Margaret’s life. Never since those early days of her marriage had James been so completely hers'.

Is it just me, or is anyone else feeling the drag?

-

3 comments:

  1. I just finished up Hugh and Bess (Susan Higginbotham) and am starting The Goldsmith's Wife. I know how you feel - I hate it when I get into a reading slump.

    I remember this book most particularly for Margaret's childbearing problems. It seemed very depressing starting off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep..that's pretty much where I'm at and poor Margaret so far- that's all she can think of..an heir to keep James close to her...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I'm in a slump, but I've been stuck at around page 60 in "The Prince and the Quakeress" for a week now.

    ReplyDelete